Pages

6/13/12

Journey: Week Twenty-One

Stop doing the same things over and over without taking a break. 

" The time to take a deep breath is when you don’t have time for it.  If you keep doing what you’re doing, you’ll keep getting what you’re getting.  Sometimes you need to distance yourself to see things clearly."

Ain't that the truth. I don't know how many times I've said "hind sight is always 20/20", and for good reason! So many times I've made rash, quick decisions without thinking it out. So many times have I come to a very harsh reality of consequence and the road of tough lessons because of just that. But, I believe that having the patience to step back and see the big picture of situations as opposed to the tunnel vision of the "here and now" comes only in time and after making plenty of mistakes.

And, I'm not sure I'd even call them mistakes. I've come to accept and realize that everything in life happens for a reason. Some situations may be more negative than others, but there is something to be learned from everything. That said, I've become a big fan of taking a step back and thoroughly thinking through my decision rather just plunging in.  I think...just maybe, I'm actually becoming a responsible adult!! How did THAT happen?

0 comments:

Post a Comment