Pages

2/11/11

Just an update!

I truly don't have anything too interesting to share (that may happen soon though, so stay tuned!) but I feel an update is in order!

On the PJ front:
He is growing up faster than ever! Some days the changes I see in him are so exciting, some days it's down right depressing! The boy is getting smart and devious. He's still plugging along at day care and doing very, very well. A few things he says regularly that crack me up:

"You are driving me crazy, mama!" - when he doesn't like something I say/do

"Maybe" - to just about everything I ask him

"Are you happy, mama?" - every morning in the car ride to daycare.

And last, but not least... he still sings belts "Jingle Bells" and "Santa Claus is coming to Town" every day.

Funny story to share....We went out to eat at Olive Garden one day and there was an old (well rounded) man with a long white beard. As we passed this gentleman, PJ says (LOUDLY) "Hey mama, look! It's Santa Claus!" And this isn't the first time he's done this. We have since had many conversations about the fact that Santa lives in the NORTH POLE and not in Louisville Kentucky, regardless of how much someone may look like Santa Clause.

On the Mommy-hood front:
Oh boy, what a roller coaster! We're up, we're down, we're up, we're down. He's good, he's bad, i'm patient, i'm inpatient. What a ride! You can't truly appreciate the role of a parent until  you are one yourself (sorry Mom and Dad! haha).  Forget about the "terrible-two's!! "Terrible-three's" has been the most challenging yet. I know that I will never get this time back with my little boy, though, so I really am trying to take away all the positive, interesting, and funny aspects of watching him grow up right now, which include: Being proud to watch him dress himself for the first time, watching him be a big helper with chores, being able to get on the computer and call Dave on Skype (without my help!), being astounded watching him work my cell phone better than me, asking me "why" for just about EVERYTHING. His mind goes at a hundred miles an hour and it's the most amazing thing watching him develop his little personality.

On the Work front:
There have been a few hiccups in my job. Non of which are directly related to the work itself, but more one of the people I work with. I'm not going to lie, it's been a bit of a challenge overcoming that obstacle, but i'm working on it. Other than that, though, I still LOVE what I do. I love the job, I love the clients, I love my boss. It really can't get (much) better than that! Now to get rid of a certain someone from the office and it'll be rainbows and unicorns again...lol, jk.

On the School front:
It's going better than I could have ever imagined! I was terribly nervous at the beginning of the semester but I've fallen into rythem with the work load and I actually enjoy it!!! So far I've written my first college paper and completed my first college exam. Nerdy, I know, but I feel like it's a wonderful beginning of a great new chapter in my life!

On the "Me" front:
Phew. I don't even know where to start. I miss Dave like crazy. He's always working so hard in Dominica and I couldn't be more proud of him (love you, Dave!). I'm so busy between work, school, and PJ that I hardly have any 'free' time but when I do get a few minutes, I have been enjoying Your Shape: Fitness Evolved (Kinect game). The work outs are so stress relieving, the feeling of getting in shape gives me more confidence than ever, I feel more energized, and I LOVE competing with friends. I am in the midst of organizing a challenge among my SeasonedGamer friends and I'm eager to get it underway! Essentially, I keep myself busy enough to not think about all the stress. I almost forgot what the word 'fun' means, but I'm going to get PJ a sitter one of these days and have a night to myself; no work, no school, no PJ.

On the Pop-Culture front:
Bear with me. I don't have much time for movies anymore, but I am trying to work watching at least a movie a week (minimum) into the schedule. Woe is me for having to do such a thing.... ;-)

Well, thats all for now, folks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment