Pages

4/26/12

Journey: Week Seventeen


Stop complaining and feeling sorry for yourself.
 
"Life’s curveballs are thrown for a reason – to shift your path in a direction that is meant for you.  You may not see or understand everything the moment it happens, and it may be tough.  But reflect back on those negative curveballs thrown at you in the past.  You’ll often see that eventually they led you to a better place, person, state of mind, or situation.  So smile!  Let everyone know that today you are a lot stronger than you were yesterday, and you will be."

Guilty as charged!! I wallow and complain and whine and cry about past situations and I'll be the first to admit it. After reflecting on the past several years of doing just that I've realized it has only ever gotten me to a deep dark pitiful place. Sure, everyone needs to vent and talk about past situations, but wallowing in that pity is a whole different story. 

I am of the belief that everything happens for a reason. At some points I screamed "IT'S NOT FAIR!!!" to the Universe, but let me tell you,  hind sight is always 20-20. I've slowly but surely learned that every situation is a blessing in disguise. 

No matter what I've walked through, good or bad, I've been blessed to have learned from it, grown, moved on, and become a better person than I was. Those lessons and strengths have been the only thing that has gotten me through the past five (almost six) years. 

If you're going through this same thing, good luck! And trust me, I'm preaching to the choir on this one! It's a daily battle.

If  you're reading about my Journey the first time and are wondering what the heck I'm talking about, click here

0 comments:

Post a Comment