Pages

2/27/12

It feels like yesterday

One day back in September 2011 I was sitting in the Caribbean sea. The water was a little chilly, I was looking up at the sky, checking out the clouds and then up at the gorgeousness mountains. In that moment I remember thinking "I can't believe that in 6 months I will be gone from this place". It seemed so unreal. So far away. And now? It's been two and a half months since I've seen the Caribbean Sea.

On August 17th 2007 I was sitting in my room. Everything was peaceful and I was a little nervous. I remember thinking "Tomorrow my entire life changes. Tomorrow there will be a baby in that crib and I am going to be a mom" (I was scheduled to be induced). And now? It has been four and a half years and throughout that time I've lived in Virginia, Kentucky, and Dominica.

As I sit here tonight, in my messy place that I call home, I can't help but think about how everything goes by so quickly. I know that in 8 months, 2 years, 7 years... I am going to look back at my life when I was 22 years old living in Louisville and think about how it felt like just yesterday.

Cheers to a bright future and to living in the "now".

0 comments:

Post a Comment