Pages

3/19/12

Journey: Week Twelve

Stop thinking you’re not ready.

"Nobody ever feels 100% ready when an opportunity arises. Because most great opportunities in life force us to grow beyond our comfort zones, which means we won’t feel totally comfortable at first."

I literally half-snarl, half-grunted when I read the title of this week’s theme. As I type this, I still haven’t read the blurb on it. Here goes nothing…..

Well, it really wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be. Recently I’ve been hearing a lot of classic clichés. Clichés that sometimes make me want to gag (even though I know it’s true), like “all great things take time”. But you know what? Internally I scream “I don’t want to wait, I want my great thing and I want it now”. The typical impatient attitude, right? Come on, you know you do it too! I refuse to believe I’m the only one who operates that way. But, I digress…

I found the blurb to be refreshingly different. Instead of the well-meant “all great things take time” being shoved down my throat, this theme said “you need to step out and take chances in life when opportunity presents itself”. And, as many of you know, I love adventure. “Stepping out” might as well be my middle name. With that said, I think it’s still safe to say I’m going to continue laying low for a while. At least until I’m done with this 30-week Journey, that is.

To all of you readers that may be playing it safe and not taking a chance on an opportunity, I hope this helped you in some way. I want to encourage you because you will never make a mistake stepping out, every situation you go into will teach you something (take this from the woman who has lived through enough experiences to last a lifetime). Who knows, that opportunity may just change your life for the better. You won't know until you grab it by the horns!

Until next week…

0 comments:

Post a Comment