Pages

3/11/12

Scary Mommy Anniversary

One year ago today I started moderating at Scary Mommy. For those of you who don’t know, it’s a Mom blog which evolved into a kick ass community created by Jill Smokler. You may have seen her segment in ABC's Good Morning America, New York Times, CNN, The Huffington Post, etc.

The past year has been one hell of a ride. It all started when Jill created the confessional, a place where Moms across the world can come and vent anonymously. Then she launched a basic all anonymous message board which soon evolved to the beautiful new forums that we have today.

From the Thanksgiving Project, to Sponsor a Scary, to just the general support and love for each other, the community never ceases to amaze me. I am so honored and privileged to be so involved and am looking forward to watching the site continue to grow.

Many of you know how much Scary Mommy means to me and I just felt like it deserved it’s very own post for my one year anniversary.

Cheers to Jill and all of my fellow Scary Mommies out there.

P.S. I'm also shamelessly going to promote Jill's book Confessions of A Scary Mommy. It's release is April 3rd but if you pre-order today you can get a hand-signed, limited edition bookplate and bookmark! It'll make for an awesome Mothers Day gift. I've personally read it and it's amazing (plus, I'm in the acknowledgments people, buy this book)!

2 comments: