Pages

4/16/11

Closing a Chapter

Yesterday was my last day at Terrence Bailey's State Farm Agency. It marked the closing of one wonderful chapter of my life and the start of another. Let this be the last page of the closing chapter; I want to share a little bit about my time with Terrence.

Not everyone can say they genuinely look forward to work but when I was at Terrence's State Farm Agency, I did. The clients always had me laughing and there was something new to learn every day. The atmosphere in the office was (almost) always one of joking and fun. In fact, I can honestly say there are few times I can count that Terrence didn't walk into the office with a smile on his face.

Last year in my desperate search for a job, Terrence hired me on as one of his team members. Immediately the opportunity to get my state insurance licenses for Life and Health and Property and Casualty were presented. Terrence paid my way from the pre-courses all the way to the exam. Thanks to him, I am now a proud Property and Casualty Insurance Agent (unfortunately I just never got around to doing Life and Health).

I went from an individual who had very little training in the insurance industry, to a confident insurance agent. Terrence was always very supportive, always pushed me to do my best, and helped to resolve any problems no matter how big or small.

I'm so blessed to be able to have had this experience. I'm moving forward from this job a better, more confident person than I was when I started. So Terrence, if you are reading this, thank you. For everything.

0 comments:

Post a Comment