Pages

1/11/12

Day of Silent Reflection

I'm a few months late posting about this, but better late than never! Back in Dominica my friend Nic organized a day of silent reflection. Now, silent and I normally don't get along great, so I was a little weary-- I didn't want to ruin the trip for the others if I couldn't keep my mouth shut. But, in the end I decided to go and I'm so glad I did!

I have a boat load of pictures to share, so I'll explain what the trip was like and then show the pictures so I don't have to caption each one. Nic had picked out a whole bunch of churches all around Dominica to take the group to. At each church we stopped at, he gave a brief teaching which guided the time of reflection. Once he was done with the teaching, we were welcome to walk around the church, pray, think, take pictures--anything but talk (eek!). I actually found a lot of peace during the day and I'm so thankful to Nic for this experience and for being my friend and personal spiritual mentor during my time in Dominica.

Now, onto the pictures. We visited multiple Catholic churches all over the island and each one was stunning! Check them out:

Church 1
I apologize that I didn't write down the names of these churches!


Brandi Mark and I, aka "the participants". Wait, is something wrong with this picture?

Brandi, Nic and I. Oh, I see it now, I look demon-possessed. In a church. Great.


Church 2



Church 3
The most amazing part of this church was it's beautiful cemetery. Unfortunately I didn't get picture of the inside.


Yes ladies and gentleman, that is a REAL rooster.

This is by far my favorite picture of the day.

And, if you've made it to the end of this ridiculous long post and were wondering-- I DID make it the whole day without breaking silence! Wooo, go me!

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS absolutely gorgeous. I'm glad I was able to share it with you, thanks for reading.

      Delete
  2. wow- those churches ARE amazing. Also- I KNEW you were possessed lol!

    ReplyDelete