Pages

1/16/12

Journey: Week Three

Stop lying to yourself.

"You can lie to anyone else in the world, but you can’t lie to yourself. Our lives improve only when we take chances, and the first and most difficult chance we can take is to be honest with ourselves"


I think this is going to be the hardest theme so far. It’s tough to untangle years of webbed emotions, thoughts, opinions, etc. I don’t even know where to start. After sitting here for an hour trying to figure it out (with the TV on, sending/receiving texts, doing homework, playing with PJ, and working online--phew), I realized what I need is some good ole fashion “me” time to think. No computer. No phone. No PJ. No nothing, but me and a piece of paper to write down my thoughts. So, this next week I’m going to be serious about taking some peace and quiet time. If you can’t get a hold of me right away for whatever reason, you know why. It’ll probably be late at night or around noon since the only quiet time I really ever have is when PJ is napping or down for the night.

Here is a (baby) step in the right direction, though: Maybe I don’t hate the snow as much as I originally thought? I mean, it can be beautiful sometimes….


If you're reading this for the first time and are wondering what the heck I'm talking about (journeys and themes--wut??), click here. :o)

0 comments:

Post a Comment