Pages

3/23/10

Mommy-hood





Parenting.

24 hours a day. 365 days a year. No sick leave. No vacation. No time off, period.

The most gratifying, yet exhausting, task one will ever undergo. And I hate to call it a task. It's much, much more than that. It's the biggest learning experience I've ever endured (and still am)! I may be a mere high school graduate, but on the subject of life, I feel I have earned a Bachelors degree!

 As a proud single mom of a rambunctious two year old boy, I am currently facing a bunch of frustrations. Lets take a look at the list, shall we?
  • Potty training. This is a fun (SARCASM) one. Every time I ask if he needs to use the potty i hear a snappy 'no mama!!'. I guess he's just not ready? When he needs to go number two (as we call it) he hides and proceeds to poop in his pull-up instead of telling me in time to put him on the potty. The fact that he goes and hides tells me that he knows he's 'going number two'. I know that I just need to be consistent, keep working with him, and that it'll come in time. I just feel like I'm staring up at a big mountain here.
  • Eating.  It's not that he doesn't like food or that he's picky (knock on wood) but he simply refuses to eat. We'll be sitting down for breakfast/lunch/dinner and all he wants is down from the table after taking a few mouse bites of food. And this applies even when I make his favorite food!! Then, when he gets down and I'm done cleaning up dinner (of course), he comes over to me and says "I hungwy mawmy".  I try to make him stay at the table until he finishes the food  on his plate (because I know he will do what I just stated) but then he just throws a bigger fit and again, won't eat.
  • Whining. I think the title explains itself.
  • Temper Tantrums.  Need I say more?
These are some of the major obstacles I'm facing right now on my path of Mommy-hood. I've heard of the so-called Terrible Two's, perhaps that is the jungle we're trudging through but slowly and surely I know we'll emerge. And I'm hoping we do soon. Real soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment